cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Piroumian, Konstantin" <KPiroum...@flagship.ru>
Subject Re: [Heads Up] Utility for efficiency
Date Fri, 18 Jan 2002 14:26:39 GMT
Sylvain, Berin,

you are very convincing ;)
I told that only because just yesterday have read about it in Bruce Eckel's
"Thinking in Java 2nd Edition" (Appendix C, Implementation section, 14). It
sounds something like (have read it in Russian and will try to translate it
back to English):

14. ...
<quot>
Use containers from standart Java libs. Becoming more professional in
container usage, you will also improve your perfomance. Prefer to use
ArrayList for sequences, HashSet for sets, HashMap for associated arrays and
LinkedList for stacks (instead of Stack) and queries.
</quot>

Konstantin