cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Nicola Ken Barozzi" <baro...@nicolaken.com>
Subject Re: [update] TreeProcessor now available
Date Wed, 16 Jan 2002 18:52:38 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Sylvain Wallez" <sylvain.wallez@anyware-tech.com>

> Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> > How do we try it out?
>
> The <sitemap> entry in cocoon.xconf is a regular component. Just replace
> it by the following :
>
> <sitemap class="org.apache.cocoon.treeprocessor.TreeProcessor"
>           logger="sitemap"/>

Very nice indeed. You sure scratch where it itches ;-)
Anyway, here are my quick comments on the TreeProcessor sitemap, using the
latest cocoon webapp demos from CVS.
- images are not displayed, although SVG is correctly displayed
- The documentation gives me this error directly from the servlet:
    Cocoon 2 - Internal server error
    type fatal
    message Error while evaluating 'cocoon:/book-{1}.xml' : not so
                  many levels
    description org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.PatternException: Error while
                      evaluating 'cocoon:/book-{1}.xml' :  not so many
levels
    source Cocoon servlet
    request-uri
    /cocoon/documents/index.html
    path-info
    documents/index.html
- the sitemap reload is fast indeed :-)
- other samples that currently return 404 on the compiled version here
return:
   org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.PatternException:
    Error while evaluating 'docs/samples/samples-{1}.xml' :
    not so many levels
- sometimes it seems that response time is slower than usual on the same
page... can't seem to find correlations, anyway nothing numeric, only a
sensation
- cocoon:// protocol seems really slow. The examples of it under More
Samples-Sources are consistently slower to load than other pages.

This is the first impression, "a caldo".

> >>Forgot to say in the previous post...
> >>
> >>The latest commit includes a major rewrite of component management which
> >>allowed a lot of code cleanup.

Good, it also helps in maintaining contracts.

> >>As a side benefit, these changes allow the <map:components> section to
> >>be given "as is" to a ComponentManager.configure().
<snip/>
> >>- we can also add arbitrary components such as datasources that are
> >>local to a sitemap.

I like this a lot. Avalon Components can, in this way, easily used in
sitemap components; just declare them in the sitemap.
Anyway, a feature that makes cocoon autoload Components that are needed in
other sitemap components would be very nice. A kind of jar to install
Generators, Transformers, etc.

--
Nicola Ken Barozzi                 xml-cocoon@nicolaken.com
These are the days of miracle and wonder...