cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Per-Olof Norén <pe...@alma.nu>
Subject Re: no connections in the pool
Date Wed, 09 Jan 2002 09:30:12 GMT
We also got this error today, using the 2.0 released version.
We are running multiple sub-sitemaps which have only two piplines in them.
Theese piplines however, uses five Tweaked SQL Transformers.
We are looking into it right now.

What is the correct release procedure for a Connection object?
Connection.close() is sufficient?

Regards
Per-Olof Norén
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Roger I Martin PhD
  To: cocoon-dev@xml.apache.org
  Sent: Saturday, January 05, 2002 12:22 AM
  Subject: no connections in the pool

  The current cvs of Cocoon2 produces the exception

  Original exception : java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not get the datasource org.apache.avalon.excalibur.datasource.NoAvailableConnectionException:
There are no connections in the pool, check your settings.

  for all databases I use.  I've checked my settings over and over again; looked at the deployed
stuff as well; everything appears to be right and everything is compiled in the tomcat work
directory.  Tried it with different types of databases.

  Anybody else experiencing this?  Are there changes with Avalon that are causing database
things to break?  If no one replies I'll assume that I still have not configured my database
things properly.

  Regards,
  Roger