cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "David Morris" <David.Mor...@plumcreek.com>
Subject Re: [patch] small doco change
Date Tue, 18 Dec 2001 23:00:37 GMT
Marcus,

About 2 weeks ago, you attached the following update to the
documentation:

         <li>
-          <strong>Copy cocoon/lib/xerces-XXX.jar file to
tomcat\lib</strong>
+          <strong>Copy the cocoon/lib/xerces-XXX.jar and
cocoon/lib/xml-apis.jar files to tomcat\lib</strong>
           Cocoon will now be able to see and use the correct XML
libraries.
         </li>

In our Tomcat 4.0.1 installation, this doesn't work and my guess is
that in
some cases different class loaders are used to load the Xerces and
xml-apis jar files. Instead of copy, a move worked for us. We
encountered
an error with JSP files contained in the same context as Cocoon.

David Morris

>>> crafterm@fztig938.bank.dresdner.net 12/05/01 07:45AM >>>
Hi All,

	Hope all is well.

	I sent this in earlier, but it was masked under a different
	subject line. Attached is a patch to adjust the 'installing'
	section of our documentation now that we've updated xerces to
	version 1.4.4 (we also need to copy the xml-api's jar across to
	the tomcat lib directory when using xerces as tomcat's xml
	parser).

	Cheers,

	Marcus
     ,,$$$$$$$$$,      Marcus Crafter
    $:         $$$$:   Managesoft GmbH
     ;$,    _/\ &&:'   60327 Frankfurt Germany
           \_&&&&'     Email : Marcus.Crafter@managesoft.com
          &&&&.        Business Hours : +49 69 9757 200
    &&&&&&&: