cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From giacomo <giac...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Cocoon Logo
Date Sun, 30 Dec 2001 16:50:53 GMT
On Sun, 30 Dec 2001, David Crossley wrote:

> Whatever happened to the wonderful original Cocoon1 Logo?
> It is excellent, as it depicts some wonderful metamorphosis
> swirly bits happening inside. This indicates to me the pipelines
> and matches that are happening inside Apache Cocoon
> to produce the magical result that emerges.
> http://xml.apache.org/cocoon1/images/cocoon.jpg
>
> In my opinion, the current C2 logo is very ordinary and
> even cartoon-like.
> http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/images/cocoon2.gif
>
> Is there any possibility to bring back the old logo?
> I tried to search the email archives, but did not find any
> previous discussion on changing to the new one.

I don't remember why there has been introduced a new cocoon logo for
version 2. Well, the site tells us that it has to do with "evidence the
new course"

Maybe Stefano can give us more background information why the old
one wasn't good enough and maybe can vote here about it.

1. http://xml.apache.org/cocoon1/images/cocoon.jpg

2. http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/images/cocoon.gif

Personally I like the 1. best.

Giacomo