cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Torsten Curdt <tcu...@dff.st>
Subject Re: [VOTE] upgrading to LogEnabled
Date Fri, 28 Dec 2001 15:02:17 GMT

> > > LogKitManager itself is LogEnabled. but It manage org.apache.log.Logger.
> > > It depend of LogKit.
> > [snip]

> > > Me. ;-)
> >
> > Great! I will move HEAD over to LogEnabled over Xmas then.
> >
> > See (well,read) you guys in a few days!
>
> Cool. After that I need a day or two of no activity to restructure the
> repository tree.

While upgrading to LogEnabled I realized that even Excalibur still uses
AbstractLoggable. This makes upgrading cocoon a bit more ugly.
Having the cocoon components using LogEnabled and the excalibur components
Loggable seems not very desireable.

So I propose to wait until Excalibur has moved to LogEnabled. It's
probably not worth the hassle right now. I'll keep the scripts and
volunteer to do it later.

Giacomo, if you like to restructure the repository tree now - go ahead.

Wish you and everyone else a happy new year!
Take care guys!
--
Torsten