cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Torsten Curdt <tcu...@dff.st>
Subject [VOTE] upgrading to LogEnabled
Date Thu, 20 Dec 2001 11:35:05 GMT
I want to upgrade our cocoon components to use LogEnabled
instead of Loggable. Most of them extend AbstractLoggable,
so this is no big deal. But some _implement_ Loggable.

Well, I thought "no big deal either". I changed them to
implement LogEnabled and renamed the setLogger() method
to enableLogging(). But I had to realize that LogEnabled
uses a Logger from a different package!!

avalon-dev: Can someone please explain why Logger has moved?
This is giving me some real headaches with the cocoon
integration - since cocoon still uses Loggable with
the different Logger.

Having two different Loggers around is a PITA.

Should we upgrade cocoon to LogEnabled?
If so...

a) only HEAD
b) HEAD and 2.0