cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Sergeant <m...@sergeant.org>
Subject Re: [OT] Design Rant
Date Thu, 20 Dec 2001 17:07:37 GMT
On Thu, 20 Dec 2001, Michael Hartle wrote:

> David Crossley wrote:
>
> >I was wondering this too - we need to use Cocoon's own
> >capabilities to solve these very real issues. There was a
> >thread on this, but it went quiet. The discussion came around
> >to "why is Cocoon not generating the content on the
> >xml.apache.org/cocoon/ site".
> > [Vote] Improving Cocoon Site
> >http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=100765145112325&w=2
> >
> Well, I'd +1 it, if I was allowed to vote. For obvious reasons like
> showing off the capabilities of Cocoon in a consistent, aesthetic way
> and not educating people by force, I consider adapting the web content
> to the browsers of visitors superior compared to any technological
> evangelism.

The Apache servers run on FreeBSD, and changing that isn't going to
happen, and FreeBSD doesn't run Java too well (that's the argument I heard
anyway). One way to do it would be to use mod_proxy or something, to proxy
all content to a new server somewhere else. But then it'll be even slower.

Or run AxKit, which runs fine on FreeBSD, but kinda defeats the point :-)

--
<!-- Matt -->
<:->Get a smart net</:->