cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Steven Noels" <>
Subject RE: [RT] Managing Flow and Resources
Date Sun, 09 Dec 2001 07:38:02 GMT

uh oh...

One of the great features of the current Cocoon2 distribution *is* the
XML-syntax of the sitemap, even at its DTD/Schema-less state. Although I like
the usage of Rules-based engines to drive dynamic execution paths, I do not
see why we need YAS (Yet Another Syntax) to configure Cocoon.

The usual comment of conciseness aside, XML offers us the benefit of
wellformedness checking and when available Schema-validation.

So for sure, Scheme-like syntax is more concise, but since trying to bend my
brains around DSSSL-syntax a couple of years ago, I'm a strong proponent of
'validatable' languages.

And if XML gives the impression of being verbose, do not forget you can built
custom editors that use forms, radio buttons & the like to make
XML-editing-life easier than handtuning elements & attributes: check out written by Bruno Dumon.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, email:

View raw message