cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From aaldr...@csc.com
Subject FW: CPU usage - sometimes very high (only sometimes)
Date Mon, 24 Dec 2001 10:47:58 GMT
Sorry for the cross-posting - I just feel this more likely to be dealt with
by you guys:-)

Anthony Aldridge/CPA/CSC@CSC on 24/12/2001 10:29:11

Please respond to cocoon-users@xml.apache.org

To:   cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
cc:
Subject:  CPU usage - sometimes very high (only sometimes)

Hi all,

I get a horribly high CPU usage from c2 - but only sometimes. It lasts for
hours. Alternatively it seems very happy.

This has nothing to do with the page request - it's happening when I put in
the first request to my home page. The c2 log says it's finished - tomcat
says it's finished - there really is no processing going on!

And yet the CPU usage jumps to 50%+ on my UNIX box - takles up all the CPU
on NT.

If I restart, sometimes it just behaves (2.3% CPU or less).

Any ideas - it's not what I had hoped for:-)

Regards,

Anthony Aldridge
Lead Application developer

Managed Intranet Hosting