cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Gerhard Froehlich" <g-froehl...@gmx.de>
Subject Branches and CachingxxxPipline enlightenment request!
Date Fri, 07 Dec 2001 01:51:35 GMT
Hi,
I did 2 checkouts:

1. HEAD:
The system is using NonCachingxxxPipelines! I've looked into the
cocoon.xconf but there are the caching ones configured (cocoon.roles
don't have any Pipline role definition).

2. cocoon_20
The system is using CachingxxxPipelines *relief* as configured in the
cocoon.xconf file and Caching is working and the Store system swaps
laboriously CachedxxxObjects out to the fs, etc.

I don't understand why the system is using the NonCachingxxxPipelines
in 1) (seems like Vodoo to me ;) and if there is some higher meaning, why?

The problem is, that this caused some confusion here last days.
(and this days not only upon me ;-).

A second more personal request are those various branches in the
CVS repository. I lost a little bit the track to the cocoon release
plans. I did a "cvs status -v someclass" and got this list:
cocoon_20                	(revision: 1.2.2.22)
-> actual distribution
cocoon_20_rc2            	(revision: 1.2.2.20)
-> expired or still used?
cocoon_20_rc1            	(revision: 1.2.2.17)
-> expired or still used?
cocoon_20_b2             	(revision: 1.2.2.6)
-> actual development?
cocoon_20_branch_mergepoint	(revision: 1.2)
-> expired or still used?
cocoon_20_branch         	(branch: 1.2.2)
->expired or still used?
cocoon_20_b1             	(revision: 1.2)
->expired or still used?

Could somebody with enough Cocoon karma give me some
enlightenment, please?!

Cheers
Gerhard