cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Gerhard Froehlich" <g-froehl...@gmx.de>
Subject RE: [VOTE] adding Jisp based Store persistence to the Scratchpad
Date Wed, 12 Dec 2001 14:13:08 GMT
Vadim,
>From: Vadim Gritsenko [mailto:vadim.gritsenko@verizon.net]
>

>What would be the benefits of using B-Tree indexed file vs filesystem
>directory?

- When you have many files in one directory that can be problematic
for maintainence.
- Some Caching system like Squid split that up into the different
subdirectories, others hold the data in one file.
- With this Implementation we would be able to turn -if wished-
the MRUMemoryStore (or something equal) off and use only the Filesystem
for Storing. Maybe for machines with limited memory,.... For this approach
you need some speedy access for the data on the FS.
- Multiple indexes per data file, so you can access data with
a variety of criteria.
- Indexed data does not need to be homogenous; data files can contain
mixed serialized types, all using the same indexes.
- 100% portable between platforms.
- ...

Just a try... Maybe it rules, maybe it fails ;)

>Anyway, you can put something into scratchpad without voting...

Ahh I see...

>Vadim

  Gerhard