cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Gerhard Froehlich" <g-froehl...@gmx.de>
Subject RE: [RT] Unification of Source/Resource Management (was Re: Adding Resource Monitor to Generators)
Date Tue, 11 Dec 2001 11:41:39 GMT
>From: Berin Loritsch [mailto:bloritsch@apache.org]

</snip>

>COCOON IMPLEMENTATION DETAILS
>-----------------------------
>
>The ResourceManager should be made Contextualizable so that it can
>get the needed reference to the HttpContext object.  It should be
>made Configurable so that it can understand how to map protocols to
>Resource classes.  It should work with the Cache system and the
>Monitor system.
>
>If the Resource type is Cacheable, then the ResourceManager will
>take care of the Cache plumbing.  IOW, it will returned the cached
>Resource (if available), or create the new reference and add it to
>the cache.  Also, if the Resource is used in the caching system,
>it is added to the Monitor, and the Cache system is passed as the
>PropertyChangedListener--either that, or a different object that
>manages the interaction between the two is used.

Why so modestly. I thought the Monitor can be used by every Resource,
independent if it's Cachable or not. Like the Configuration file(s), etc.
How about a interface which marks that Resource Monitorable
(bad name, but you know what I mean), then ResourceManager could decide
if he puts the Resource to the Monitor or not...

Just shy thoughts.

>Confused yet?  Good.

</snip>

  Gerhard