cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Gerhard Froehlich" <>
Subject some important Store news
Date Fri, 14 Dec 2001 15:05:34 GMT
I refactored to 90% the current Store implementation.
You find it under scratchpad/src/org/apache/cocoon/jipsstore

I implemented a Jisp based FilesystemStore and adjusted
the MRUMemoryStore to this new FilesystemStore. I think
it's very elegant solution now and it's on step further
to Adaptive Caching Model Stefano introduced once.

When we start to implement the Adaptive Caching Model we
can use the JispFilesystemStore as slow memory and
the MRUMemoryStore as fast memory.

In the moment the MRUMemoryStore and the JispFilesystemStore
are combined (if you configured it like that). Which is far away
of being optimal. That means, when you call hold() the object
is a) stored in memory and b) pushed in a queue which finally
stores the object on the FS.

One reason. In the moment I see no way to react on JVM shutdowns.
If I could, I would implement a method which stores all remaining
objects persistent when the JVM shutdowns. When Cocoon system starts
again, we would have the old Cache status available.
If that would be possible we don't have to combine that stuff in
the hold() method.

Phew, I hope I expressed myself clearly.

If you want to test the new stuff, just replace the <store/>,
<event-cache/> and <stream-cache/> section in the cocoon.xconf with:
when you only want to use the JispFilesystemStore without a Memory store.

So back to Stefano's Adaptive Cache Model and re-reading it.

Hey! It compiles! Ship it!

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, email:

View raw message