cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject RE: [VOTE] upgrading to LogEnabled
Date Thu, 20 Dec 2001 12:30:53 GMT
Torsten Curdt wrote:

> So.... should we upgrade cocoon to LogEnabled?
>
> a) only HEAD
> b) HEAD and 2.0

I think we should forget the 2.0 branch as soon as possible, so
changing a) is sufficient.

Before we vote on it, can you identify what really has to be
changed?
>From my memory there is at least this:

a) All components must extend AbstractLogEnabled instead
of AbstractLoggable.
To be precise, this changes the interface
of each component! As both solutions provide a getLogger() method
which points to objects with similar interfaces this is not
really a problem unless someone relies on this interface.

b) There are other place where classes are tested against Loggable,
these can not be changed that easy as someone might have developed own
components which are either Loggable or LogEnabled.
So at these places we have to support both! And that might be a
problem as you need there both loggers.

There might be other places as well.

If noone sees a problem in a) and b) can be solved and there are
no other interface changes required, I'm +1 on this.

> I volunteer to do it...
Great!

Carsten