cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From MJ Ray <ma...@cloaked.freeserve.co.uk>
Subject Re: [OT] Languages // estas Re: [RT] Managing Flow and Resources
Date Wed, 12 Dec 2001 23:20:05 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi <stefano@apache.org> wrote:
>Unfortunately, in order to communicate, we must have a common knowledge
>context and using english reduces the energy required to have these
>communities. This is a limit, I know this very well myself, but I can't
>see any better solution. :(

I'll just quickly advocate Esperanto, which is what is in the subject.  It
supposedly reduces the activation energy for all, not just the English
native speakers amongst us, although I do acknowledge that it is not equally
easy for everyone.  It is a shame that more Free Software projects do not
support or advocate it... http://ttt.esperanto.org/

Of course, there is balkanisation there, with other less common planned
languages, but as with Free Software, there is one clear leader present.