cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From MJ Ray <>
Subject Re: [RT] Managing Flow and Resources
Date Sun, 09 Dec 2001 22:00:03 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
>I think not. DSSSL vs. XSLT is a good example of why the lisp-like
>parenthesis syntax in the document-centric world is a bad idea.

So DSSSL "lost" purely because of parentheses?  SGML vs XML had nothing to
do with it?  I think you are over-simplifying.

>For example, try to finish the following strings so that the first is
>well-formed Scheme and the second is well-formed XML:

Personally, I find it a lot easier to finish the Scheme one, but it takes
some getting used to, same as the XML does.  Your alternative layouts don't
follow the coding standards, as you probably know.

Anyway, I think most people have realised by now that this whole syntax
thing is totally irrelevant to the real point that was being made, so I'll
shut up.
    | Q. Do you need a net-based application developing,
    |    or advice and training about web technology?
    | A. I suggest you try

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, email:

View raw message