cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From MJ Ray <ma...@cloaked.freeserve.co.uk>
Subject Re: [RT] Managing Flow and Resources
Date Sun, 09 Dec 2001 21:33:05 GMT
Torsten Curdt wrote:
>Let's stay with the XML syntax! Otherwise would be a step backwards!
>Maybe we can work out a different way to combine the current sitemap
>with the new flow managing.

The schemer would say that XML syntax is a huge step backwards from what
already existed... ;-)

I think the more productive issue is to examine the differences between the
more program-like style of Ovidiu's proposal and the current sitemap syntax,
with an eye on what can be learnt from that.  Where there are differences,
there are normally some "right" answers on both sides.  Sadly, I'm not
well-placed to look at this, as I don't think Ovidiu has described all the
features his concept has, while I'm no guru of the current sitemap.

Please do not just do the knee-jerk "it has brackets!  Puke!" response.
Remember how happy you get when people dismiss Cocoon because it is written
in Java.
--