cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Homeijer <M.Homei...@devote.nl>
Subject RE: XSL Based Soap Endpoint in Cocoon Examples - Scanned for vir us
Date Mon, 17 Dec 2001 09:25:39 GMT
Hi Steve,

I don't think this would be the way Cocoon would handle SOAP endpoints.
IMHO soap is just another channel in cocoon. I think this could be
implemented by translating a WSDL file into sitemap syntax (eg. a matcher
for the endpoint and some sort of matcher for the requests).

I am not sure by which components the soap envelope will be represented or
wether a translator and serializer are needed to create the return envelope.

Maybe someone on the cocoon mailing list is interested in continuing this
discussion.

HTH

Michael Homeijer

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Punte [mailto:stevep@candlelightsoftware.com]
Sent: zondag 16 december 2001 5:35
To: Michael Homeijer
Subject: XSL Based Soap Endpoint in Cocoon Examples - Scanned for virus

Dear  Michael:

    I came across your Soap examples in Cocoon.
    However, they are about six months old, so I
    assume you are no longer working on this.

    I am looking for an environment that would
    allow the creation of pure XSL written
    SOAP endpoints.  For example, something
    like:

<xsl:template match="SOAP-ENV:Envelope">
  <SOAP-ENV:Envelope>
    <xsl:apply-templates/>
  </SOAP-ENV:Envelope>
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="SOAP-ENV:Body">
  <SOAP-ENV:Body>
    <xsl:apply-templates/>
  </SOAP-ENV:Body>
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="soap-request_A">
  <!--
     Logic to create response according to
     incomming request elements and values.
  -->
</xsl:template>

    Does you contribution to Cocoon begin down
    this path?  Or is it something different?

    Thanks in advance:

          Sincerely:

              Steven P. Punte

Steven P. Punte