cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From David Rosenstrauch <dar...@dti.net>
Subject Fwd: XSP page getting called TWICE!
Date Mon, 10 Dec 2001 19:11:53 GMT
Can someone help?

I've got a rather complex problem with C2 which I've not been able to figure out despite some
major debugging sessions.  Posted this several times to the Cocoon Users list too, but no
one had any info.

I'm suspecting the problem I'm seeing might be a bug in C@, but maybe someone here might be
able to tell me for sure.

Details about my problem are in the message below.

I'm using C2, RC1a, if that matters.

TIA!

DR

>Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2001 12:07:52 -0500
>To: cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
>From: David Rosenstrauch <darose@dti.net>
>Subject: XSP page getting called TWICE!
>
>Actually, regarding the setup below, I'm having a problem with it and would appreciate
some help.

>Take a look at the sitemap segment below.  And let me clarify it a bit too:
>
>The XSL stylesheet that I'm using in the transform on "pd/mergedoc.html" is generated
*dynamically*, from an xsp page ("pages/gen_merge_xsl.xsp").

>This is working just fine, except for one small problem:
>
>For some reason, on each request, this XSP page is getting executed TWICE!  Although this
doesn't technically cause any errors, it's pretty inefficient since it hits the database twice,
generates the xsl twice, etc.

>Any ideas why?
>
>Some possible thoughts I had:
>
>* perhaps the internal-only="true" is causing this?
>
>* perhaps an additional aspect of this setup is causing this:  the "cocoon:/rtf_parse"
generation step (not listed) is setting an "attachment" response header ("Content-Disposition:
attachment; filename=myfile.rtf") so that the file will be downloaded instead of displayed
directly in the browser.  Could that be causing this?