cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylvain.wal...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Re: [vote] Finer-grained logging categories (was: Re: Over-Logging)
Date Sun, 30 Dec 2001 11:07:15 GMT
giacomo wrote:

<snip/>

>>>This can be fixed (I wrote it) but IIRC it's a debugging (or should
>>>be) message and thus might be helpfull in that aspect.
>>>
>>I would be thankful if you fix it, because it produces a _warning_
>>message each time a component asks for a logger that's not in the
>>configuration-defined categories.
>>

> Ok, I've reduced from WARN to DEBUG and will commit it soon into C2.
>
> Giacomo

Thanks, Giacomo, but I was saying that IMHO, LogKitManager shouldn't
even care about that. It's role is to configure a Hierarchy (most often
its top-level categories) and give access to this hierarchy to get
loggers, but the definition of categories is the responsibility of
xconf/sitemap writers.

With the hierarchized categories we will now have (many +1 for this
vote), LogKitManager will issue a great number of debug messages which
don't give any usefull information.

What do you think ?

Sylvain.