cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ESQL no longer applied to custom logicsheet
Date Fri, 28 Dec 2001 17:20:51 GMT
giacomo wrote:

> On Fri, 28 Dec 2001, Berin Loritsch wrote:
>

>>Piroumian, Konstantin wrote:
>>

>>>Hi!
>>>
>>>This is a sample that should help in development of custom logicsheets and
>>>there is a logicsheet in it that uses ESQL. It worked with Cocoon 2.0rc1.
>>>Which version of C2 do you use?
>>>

>>I am using CVS HEAD as there are some fixes that I need to apply to the sytem.
>>Unfortunately, Cocoon is no longer functioning the way it was with Cocoon 2.0rc1.
>>I have something very much like what you created--but on some specific pages the
>>ESQL logicsheet is applied and on others it is not applied.  I am still trying
>>to figure out why this is the case.
>>
>>(We need Dims again!  He fixed it the first time)
>>

> I think there should be a mechanism which watches each element spit out
> during the process of applying logicsheets to catch "well known"
> namespaces so that the chain of logicsheet transformers can be arranges
> accordingly.
>
> Can this be done (I remember Sylvain was messing around with that part
> of the processing of XSP).

I talked with Dims on the phone, and it turned out to be the parser:

   <parser>
     <parameter name="namespace-prefixes" value="true"/>
   </parser>

In order to use XSP with logicsheets that have nested dependancies, this
paramter _must_ be set to True.

> Giacomo
>

>>>About this sample:
>>>
>>>This sample includes a pair of custom (rather simple) logicsheets, usage
>>>examples and step-by-step instructions on how to install a custom logicsheet
>>>into Cocoon. I couldn't find anything on C2 cite about logicsheets, so hope
>>>this sample can be useful for somebody.
>>>
>>>I've created this sample for a Spanish company, but as they are "a little
>>>absend minded" they forgot to pay me for it, so I feel free to post it to
>>>cocoon-dev. Somebody with a better English can use my instructions to create
>>>documentation on logicsheets, usage examples can be added to Cocoon samples.
>>>See readme.txt for details in attached archive.

  deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                 - Benjamin Franklin