cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ESQL no longer applied to custom logicsheet
Date Fri, 28 Dec 2001 15:19:28 GMT
Ugo Cei wrote:

> Berin Loritsch wrote:
>
>> We once had everything working where ESQL would work even if it was
>> called by a
>> custom logicsheet.  I have a previously tested Logicsheet, and Cocoon
>> is not applying
>> ESQL--it was working before.  I cannot post the logicsheet to the list
>> (proprietary
>> stuff in there).
>>
>> Here is the beginning of it:
>>
>> <xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
>>                 xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"
>>                 xmlns:xsp="http://apache.org/xsp"
>>                 xmlns:esql="http://apache.org/cocoon/SQL/v2"
>>                 xmlns:xspdoc="http://apache.org/cocoon/XSPDoc/v1"
>>
>> xmlns:schematic="http://www.infoplanning.com/xsp/schematic">
>

> I had the same problem some time ago, I think it was in the passage from
> a beta of C2 to rc1. I think I solved it by changing the order of
> namespace declarations, i.e. putting xmlns:esql AFTER the declaration of
> my custom logicsheet's namespace.

So that is the time it was broken!

Dims had fixed the XSP system so that you only had to declare namespaces that
you actually used.  The algorithm was supposed to reorder the templates so
that it always produced valid results.  I will try the reordering of the
namespace declarations in the logicsheet.

I CONCIDER THE XSP SYSTEM BROKEN!  Any time the algorithm to apply logicsheets
imposes a restriction to the order the *developer* has to follow, when the
underlying markup does not impose the same restriction, you are violating the
simple XML contracts!

  deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                 - Benjamin Franklin