cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject LifeStyle Interface reminder
Date Fri, 28 Dec 2001 03:19:33 GMT
In my search for reasons why the XSP system no longer consistently
determines the correct order of logicsheets, I discovered that
some Components (namely XSPMarkupLanguage and SitemapMarkupLanguage)
do not implement any of the LifeStyle interfaces.  The LifeStyle
interfaces are:

org.apache.avalon.framework.thread.ThreadSafe
org.apache.avalon.framework.thread.SingleThreaded
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.pool.Poolabe;

These three determine precisely how the Components are used in the
system.

ThreadSafe = singleton
SingleThreaded = factory
Poolable = pooled (unique to each request)

If no lifestyle is specified the system has to make the safest
assumption: SingleThreaded.  Try to avoid this at all costs as
it wastes resources unnecessarily.