cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ugo Cei <>
Subject Re: Forrest (a.k.a. 2.0)
Date Fri, 21 Dec 2001 17:59:23 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> Jeremy Quinn wrote:

>>Consider limiting the width of the body text, for ergonomic reasons.
> Can't do that since we'll have <pre> blocks with source code that will
> dictate how big the width is. (I'm working with 80 columns <pre> blocks
> just for testing but that's a problem with source-including HTML docs)

The current Cocoon site has many pages that cannot be printed (at least
with Mozilla) because the width of the <pre> blocks is so large that the
width of many pages is bigger than a printed page, thus the righmost
characters of all lines are truncated.

Is <pre> the only possibility for displaying source code? By the way,
Courier on the screen sucks badly :).

Phone: +39.0382.525100 - E-mail:

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, email: