cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylvain.wal...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Re: What to move into Scratchpad?
Date Fri, 21 Dec 2001 15:21:05 GMT

Carsten Ziegeler a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> we agreed that we make a 2.0.1 asap from the HEAD, so
> besides changing the directory layout we should move
> all experimental stuff into the scratchpad area.
>
> Here is a list of all additional components, could you
> please state which of them is not experimental anymore
> and could be included in a next release and which
> should be moved into scratchpad?
>
> Please, don't let us discuss now, how we can maintain
> such configuration files as the cocoon.xconf etc. We
> can have a look at that after the move.
>
> Carsten
>
> Actions
> - DatebaseSelectAction
> - RequestParameterExistsAction
> - ScriptAction
> - ServerPagesAction
Some people are using it to do some business logic with advanced
logicsheets (i.e. esql) and direct pipeline construction from the
results obtained.

> Caching
> - DeltaTimeCacheValidity
> - IncludeCacheValidity
>
> Components
>   jsp
>     - JSPReader
+1 for adding it to the release, but moved to org.apache.cocoon.readers,
as stated in its package declaration.

>   Logicsheets
>   - action
Related to ServerPagesAction above.

>   - sel
>   - soap (with SOAPHelper)
>   - xscript-lib
>   - xscript
>
>   Lucene Package
>
>   Parser
>     - PooledJaxpParser
Copied into JaxpParser and deprecated, as said by the Grand Pooh-Bah ;)

>   Profiler Package
>
>   XPath Package
Compentization of xpath queries (made by Dims) to allow the use of
alternate XPath engines such as Jaxen. Components using XPath
(HTMLGenerator, XIncludeTransformer and XMLResourceBundle) now use this
component.
The default configuration uses Xalan's engine, just as in Cocoon 2.0.

>   XScript Package
>
> Generation
>   - MP3DirectoryGenerator
>
> Selection
>   - SessionStateSelector
>
> Serialization
>   - RTFSerializer
>
> Sitemap
>   - SitemapManager
Related to sitemap componentization : it is now stable (last bug with
role management was corrected 10 days ago).

--
Sylvain Wallez