cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Hartle <mhar...@hartle-klug.com>
Subject Re: Cocoon site generation problem
Date Fri, 21 Dec 2001 01:02:00 GMT
Sylvain Wallez wrote:

>(? already sent more than 3 hours ago, but seems to have been lost ?)

Hm, I got your first email, too.

>Hi team,
>
>I just noticed that the cocoon site doesn't display well on Netscape 4.7
>: it fails to load images whose name contain a space character, and
>there are a lot of them in the left-side menu (e.g. "Who we
>are-label.jpg").
>
>Changing the space character to its '%20' encoded form solves the
>problem. How should we do that : in the XSL, with an additional URL
>encoder transformer, or with a specialized HTML serializer ?

I'd plead for an additional (perhaps XSL ?) transforming step instead of
a specialized HTML serializer. We can deliver content depending on the
consumer, so if a browser requires special handling (such as Netscape
4.7) at a certain point, we can provide it.

Best regards,

Michael Hartle,
Hartle & Klug GbR