cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <>
Subject Re: Dependency to JDK 1.3
Date Thu, 20 Dec 2001 10:11:29 GMT

Carsten Ziegeler a écrit :
> Hi,
> the recent CVS has a dependency to JDK 1.3 in the class
> It uses the getPath() method of the URL class which is not available in JDK
> 1.2.
> Can we avoid this? You can have a look in the URLSource class which also
> optionally
> uses the getPath() method).

The difference between getPath() and getFile() is that the query part of
the URL is returned by getFile() but removed by getPath().

A quick look at SimpleLuceneXMLIndexerImpl shows that getPath() is used
to remove query parameters from the incoming URL before setting the
single parameter "?cocoon-view=content".

The question is : is it good to throw away any parameters from the
initial URL ? Shouldn't them be kept and cocoon-view be _added_ instead
of replacing them ?

> Or do we need to switch to JDK 1.3? Or can we make the compilation optional?

-1 for switching to 1.3 : there are still a lot of J2EE servers living
on customer sites that are running 1.2.2 :(

Sylvain Wallez
Anyware Technologies -

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, email: