cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Forrest (a.k.a. xml.apache.org 2.0)
Date Wed, 19 Dec 2001 14:22:44 GMT
Carlos wrote:

> Stefano:
>
> Forrester looks great overall. I have a couple questions/suggestions.
>
> Are you considering using drop down menus or somehow hiding the subsections
> on the main page for each project. In my experience, the more a users sees
> the more likely he/she is to get confused and loose track of where they are
> and what they were initially looking for.

Don't worry, these sort of basic usability concepts are well understood
and will be taken into consideration.

> It would be nice if, based on log analysis you could more things that are
> more relevant/have been searched for/requested the most. It might be done on
> a separate page or as part of the home page. This would make it easier for
> people to search for things that are the most frequently searched things on
> the website, with an eye on making things easier for the user.

Once Forrest is functional and collected data is available, I *hope*
that people will send me patches to turn that data more useful.

There will be a CVS module where you can download stuff and send diffs,
just like you'd do for any other project.

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.