cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: CVS HEAD broken; excalibur needs updating
Date Thu, 13 Dec 2001 14:04:14 GMT
Jeff Turner wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Just checked out the latest 2.1 from CVS (to look at Bernhard's indexing
> stuff), and the front page dies:
>
> java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.ComponentHandler:
method initialize()V not found
> 	at org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.ExcaliburComponentManager.initialize(ExcaliburComponentManager.java:162)
> 	at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.initialize(Cocoon.java:280)
> 	at org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.createCocoon(CocoonServlet.java:983)
> 	at org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.init(CocoonServlet.java:305)
> 	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.load(Unknown Source)
>

> That's with avalon-framework-4.1.jar and avalon-excalibur-20011212.jar. With an
> excalibur built from CVS, it works again.

I'll be sure to add in the 1.3 compatibility flags for the compiler....

I tend to forget that I have JDK 1.4 running.  If everything is compiled with

JDK 1.4, the whole thing runs wonderfully.

I will also have to re-release Avalon Framework.  Sigh.

  deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                 - Benjamin Franklin