cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Bernhard Huber" <berni_hu...@a1.net>
Subject Re: Protocol context: question
Date Sun, 09 Dec 2001 22:20:50 GMT
Hi,

>>Question 1: Is there any reason why it is not resolved really to the
>>servlet context, hence writing
>>context://cocoon/foo/bar to resolve to the current cocoon servlet context?
>>

>Maybe I don't get what you mean. But in your suggestion you have to know
>where the cocoon servlet is deployed and thus the //cocoon/ part of your
>path isn't portable than.

In a subsitemap I was using:
    <map:match pattern="**">
      <map:generate type="serverpages" src="{1}index.xsp"/>
      <map:transform src="context://stylesheets/dynamic-page2html.xsl">
        <map:parameter name="view-source" value="{1}index.xsp"/>

to access a stylesheet resource.
As I read the docu about context:// it was not clear to me that it is
always relative to the current servlet context.
I was thinking that for example if I have a servlet forum, I may access
an image a.jpeg from this servlet by using
URL context://forum/a.jpeg.
But as I see this is not the indention of usage of context:, Is there
already some URL for accessing
resources of another servlet?

bye bernhard