cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Bernhard Huber" <berni_hu...@a1.net>
Subject Re: Ant: Re: Adding XML searching with Lucene
Date Sun, 09 Dec 2001 21:18:17 GMT
Hi,

>Wouldn't pagination be a result of transformation?
>
>First request:
>
><xsl:transform match="search:hit(position() &lt;= 25)">
>
>Next request:
>
><xsl:transform match="search:hit(position() &gt; 25) and
>	search:hit(position() &lt;= 50)">
>
>(where 25 and 50 would be replaced with something like pagination *
>no_results_to_display)
>
>no?

I prefer to reduce as much in the Generator that way the xml content is
kept small,
I think about having a search result of say 500 matches, and hits per
page of say 10.

It performs better to put only 10 hits to the transformer, than 500 hits
of which 490 hits are not passed to the serializer.

bye bernhard