cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: CVSGenerater(was: [Vote] Improving Cocoon Site)
Date Fri, 07 Dec 2001 10:05:22 GMT
Max Larsson wrote:

> Hi,
>
> >> Then we could easily transform this into SVG with an XSLT stylesheet and
> >> have the raster graph generated automatically without human
> >> intervention. Again, note that XML-ization of the CSV file can be done
> >> by a CSVGenerator which is piece of cake to write (I volunteer to do it
> >> if this is accepted)
> >
> >Excellent, Cocoon needs a default CSVGenerator anyway.

Ehm, I've done the same mistake myself in the past CSV != CVS

 - CSV = Comma Separated Values

> Wouldn't it be nicer to have an cvs: protocol.

Oh, totally. There is a JCVS tool which includes a CVS protocol stack
implementation (but I think it's GPL-ed).

> I think
> they are called Source, thus to have a CVSSource instead.
> In that way it would be able to use the ServerPageGenerator
> directly on cvs files.

I was talking about a CVSGenerator, something that reads

 a,b,c
 1,2,3

and spits out

 <list>
  <item a="1" b="2" c="3"/>
 </list>

and, yes, it could work on top of a cvs: protocol :)

> I actually don't know if it works that way, but as a read the
> mail my intuition pop up and said. WOuldn't it be cooler ...
> (s. above). The only thing remaining is i realy don't know
> if it is.

I've always wanted to have a cvs: protocol underneath cocoon. it's
already included in the very first sitemap draft (look into
xdocs/drafts)

> Max
>
> PS Don't take this mail to serious, i just nedded somehow
> to tell it, maybe someone can used it as constructive input.

It is, but it stemmed out from the wrong context.

Don't worry anyway :)

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.