cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <>
Subject Re: [Cocoon+Avalon] AutoComposable Components [was Adding a new ComponentSelector]
Date Thu, 06 Dec 2001 13:51:52 GMT
Adrian Geissel wrote:

> Hi,
> I have a closely related question, as follows:
> Is there a mechanism within Cocoon/Avalon to declare a Composable Component
> to be Composed during the Cocoon boot routine?
> I'm thinking of a background processor that lives in parallel to Cocoon, and
> is initialized as Cocoon boots and destructed during shut-down (using the
> Startable interface).

In Excalibur 4.0 (the official release), ExcaliburComponentManager was changed

to be Initializable.  When the ECM is initialized, it goes through and initializes
all the components that were declared for the ECM.

  deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                 - Benjamin Franklin

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, email: