cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Bug reports
Date Wed, 05 Dec 2001 15:09:52 GMT
I'm finally getting my hand dirty again with the CVS HEAD.

A few things that bug me:

1) java.sql.SQLException: File input/output error: C:\Program
Files\Apache Tomcat 4.0\webapps\cocoon\WEB-INF\db\cocoondb.backup
	at org.hsqldb.Trace.getError(Trace.java:180)
	at org.hsqldb.Trace.getError(Trace.java:144)
	at org.hsqldb.Trace.error(Trace.java:205)
	at org.hsqldb.Log.restoreBackup(Log.java:731)
	at org.hsqldb.Log.open(Log.java:212)
	at org.hsqldb.Database.<init>(Database.java:96)
	at org.hsqldb.Server.run(Server.java:137)
	at org.hsqldb.Server.main(Server.java:78)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.hsqldb.ServerImpl.run(ServerImpl.java:101)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)

I've never been able to make the db work. Have you ever experienced
this?

2) the /referer samples don't work. Probably the header-matcher is
broken or the sitemap section.

3) turning the log-level servlet parameter has no effect

    <init-param>
      <param-name>log-level</param-name>
      <param-value>ERROR</param-value>
    </init-param>

[you have to modify the <logkit> conf file] This is misleading!

4) the default "upload-directory" is "image-dir". Why is that? are we
uploading only images on Cocoon!?!?, let's fix that.

5) the exception contained into a thrown ProcessingException is logged
twice.

6) sample http://localhost/cocoon/documents/doclist returns 404

7) The error page under the /sub sub-sitemap now returns:

> Brought to you by <a href="http://xml.apache.org/cocoon2/">Apache Cocoon</a>

> in no time!

no time? Cocoon 2.0 might be fast, but it's not *that* fast :)

8) the cache-dir is always empty. I'm still investigating what I'm doing
wrong

9) I get a bunch of NPE out of a missing SAXConnector even if I didn't
enable no logging or profiling. BTW, we shouldn't get NPE out of
component managers since throwing/catching exception is an expensive
operation for the JVM.

Enough for now.

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.