cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sebastien Koechlin <skoech...@ivision.fr>
Subject Re: Cocoon 2.0 Scalability Disappointment
Date Tue, 04 Dec 2001 10:30:45 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> 2) they admit the Cocoon 2.0 cache system is likely to provide huge
> benefits for them, but they are not sure they are using it properly.

It was to monitor who does cache is working that I wrote something
about "Improving StatusGenerator".

I think that for each cached stream/event, we should record a creation
timestamp and increment a counter each time the cached object is served.

On the status page, displaying thoses values allow us to see if cache
is used where it is expected to.

- If nothing is listed : cache is not active.
- If counter is 0 or 1 : cache is re-generated each time.

--
S├ębastien Koechlin - IVision - skoechlin@ivision.fr