cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <>
Subject Re: sharing microsoft experience
Date Sun, 02 Dec 2001 23:22:04 GMT
Steven Noels wrote:

> Uh-oh. Mozilla is cool. Cocoon is cool. We want to do something CMS-like on top of
> both. Let's use Mozilla. That we have to guide a Java-centric community towards C++
> plumbing because a fellow-OSS-project is in dire need of an audience, I do not
> understand.

If you think I'm doing this because Mozilla is in need of an audience,
you didn't get my point (see below).
> > What would you do, then? a java application? a flash object?
> What's wrong with Java?

I want to do be able to do WYSIWYG inline editing and I need a full
browser for that (HTML + CSS + javascript). HotJava sucks. Jazilla,
well, it's dead, it's a memory hog and not compliant.

Should I write my own fully compliant java browser just to have inline

> My two scenarios are:
>   - a Java client app, being it Swing or SWT-based that behaves and feels like a
> native OS app
>   - a web-based app that unfortunately will not offer the same useability as a real
> client
> possible alternative would indeed be to build a client app that uses Mozilla
> technology packaged in the style of Activestate, but for this, I believe the effort
> and shift of focus warrants this *not* to be an ASF/XML-ASF/Cocoon-project.

Why do you think so?

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, email: