cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Hartle <>
Subject Re: Personal comments on XUpdate
Date Sun, 02 Dec 2001 01:01:51 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

>Michael Hartle wrote:
>>I guess XUpdate is depending on input as almost every other process of
>>standardization; what about actively participating on the evolution of
>>XUpdate instead of distant, probably unheard evaluation ? I think that
>>Stefanos view should be pointed out to the spec maintainers of XUpdate,
>>in order to try spark discussions and enhancements on the side of XUpdate.
>In case it wasn't clear my comments on XUpdate are: totally useless and
>dangerous, there is no need for such a language.

As I read

> Net result: as it stands right now, I would avoid it as the plague.
> With proper namespace support, better use of attribute-based semantics
> and no variables, it would be "decent".
> I'll try to come up with something because, as it stands, I would be
> very -1 in basing Cocoon XML persistant capabilities on such a spec.

in your first post, I understood that as if XUpdate wasn't a completely
lost cause, but needed some guidance. Well, if Lexus is dead and XML:DB
on the way under the Apache umbrella, this looks like an alternative. :-)

Best regards,

Michael Hartle

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, email: