cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Hartle <mhar...@hartle-klug.com>
Subject Re: Personal comments on XUpdate
Date Sat, 01 Dec 2001 12:09:23 GMT
Jeremy Quinn wrote:

>The XUpdate language (however flawed) looks to me designed primarily for
>inserting stuff into existing fragments, it is not expressive in terms of
>adding new documents to collections, or files to filesystems.
>
>We need to be able to do both!!!
>
>That said, yes I am very interested in finding an alternative to XUpdate,
>but please do not forget that some of what it does is useful and IMHO
>relevant.

I guess XUpdate is depending on input as almost every other process of
standardization; what about actively participating on the evolution of
XUpdate instead of distant, probably unheard evaluation ? I think that
Stefanos view should be pointed out to the spec maintainers of XUpdate,
in order to try spark discussions and enhancements on the side of XUpdate.

Best regards,

Michael