cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Haul <h...@dvs1.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>
Subject Re: Cocoon ESQL stored procedures
Date Thu, 20 Dec 2001 18:06:17 GMT
On 20.Dec.2001 -- 12:52 PM, Durrant, Peter wrote:
> I recently posted a question on the cocoon-users mailing list regarding
> using ESQL to call stored procedures.
>
> It appears from the reply that we got and the documentation that we've found
> that ESQL doesn't support calling stored procedures. As the developers of
> Cocoon, could you clarify whether that is correct?

AFAIK, yes :-)

> If stored procedures are not supported in ESQL, are there any plans to add
> the functionality?

Patches are welcome :-) I might look into it the other day but
currently there're so many things to do....

Actually, I think it's not that hard to do it. The most difficult part
would probably be to come up with a sane syntax for it.

If you can't afford to wait and the other possibilities I pointed out
to you do not work with Oracle, you *might* want to use plain jdbc
inside ESQL (afterall, esql maps to jdbc anyway). But then, that's
probably half way to a working ESQL addition, anyway.

	Chris.

--
C h r i s t i a n       H a u l
haul@informatik.tu-darmstadt.de