cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Marcus Crafter <craft...@fztig938.bank.dresdner.net>
Subject Re: Cleaning up the CVS
Date Fri, 14 Dec 2001 16:06:29 GMT
On Wed, Dec 12, 2001 at 03:14:26PM +0100, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> >         I'm quite keen to learn of a better way to
> >         ascertain this information and I'm open if you have any suggestions
> >         about how to improve it ?
>
> The code seems to be collecting the maximum number of incoming
> concurrent requests. It might be useful, I don't know, but for sure it
> doesn't require synchronization. I mean: adding and subtracting one to a
> counter is an atomic operation (on ints, it's not on longs, but we don't
> have that many requests anyway).
>
> The non-atomic operation is the comparison with previous maximum. One
> possible simple solution is to have a sampling thread that reads that
> value and logs it someplace. It might be useful for profiling
> information.
>
> What do you think?

	Ok. Sounds good to me. I'll come up with a diff over the weekend.
	Thanks for your suggestions. Please feel free to offer further critique
	in the future, it's much appreciated.

	Cheers,

	Marcus

     ,,$$$$$$$$$,      Marcus Crafter
    $:         $$$$:   ManageSoft GmbH
     ;$,    _/\ &&:'   60327 Frankfurt Germany
           \_&&&&'     Email : Marcus.Crafter@managesoft.com
          &&&&.        Business Hours : +49 69 9757 200
    &&&&&&&: