cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <j...@socialchange.net.au>
Subject Anteater and functional testing (Re: CVS HEAD broken; excalibur needs updating)
Date Thu, 13 Dec 2001 09:30:05 GMT
On Thu, Dec 13, 2001 at 09:44:51AM +0100, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> From: "Jeff Turner" <jeff@socialchange.net.au>
> >
> > PS, in case Ovidiu is reading: last I saw, Anteater was pretty usable.
> > Anything happened since about a Cocoon unit testing suite? I can help get
> > something going..
>
> Cactus?

Not appropriate, I think. Cactus is for poking and testing internal
classes running in the server. I just want to see if the pages come up
okay (black-box testing, not white-box testing). Currently they don't.
It would be great if Gump could alert people to this, instead of suckers
like me ;P

Anteater is a bunch of Ant tasks for doing HTTP-based functional
testing. Eg, hit a URL, get back the contents and test it in some way.
There's predefined tests ("matchers"), like checking XML against an
XPath expression, or a text against a regexp.

http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Monitor/7464/anteater/

--Jeff