cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <j...@socialchange.net.au>
Subject CVS HEAD broken; excalibur needs updating
Date Thu, 13 Dec 2001 08:37:37 GMT
Hi,

Just checked out the latest 2.1 from CVS (to look at Bernhard's indexing
stuff), and the front page dies:

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.ComponentHandler: method
initialize()V not found
	at org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.ExcaliburComponentManager.initialize(ExcaliburComponentManager.java:162)
	at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.initialize(Cocoon.java:280)
	at org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.createCocoon(CocoonServlet.java:983)
	at org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.init(CocoonServlet.java:305)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.load(Unknown Source)

That's with avalon-framework-4.1.jar and avalon-excalibur-20011212.jar. With an
excalibur built from CVS, it works again.

--Jeff

PS, in case Ovidiu is reading: last I saw, Anteater was pretty usable.
Anything happened since about a Cocoon unit testing suite? I can help get
something going..