cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Haul <h...@dvs1.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE] directly setting variables in sitemap
Date Fri, 07 Dec 2001 16:54:36 GMT
On 04.Dec.2001 -- 05:45 PM, Sylvain Wallez wrote:
> Stefano Mazzocchi a écrit :
> >
> > Sylvain Wallez wrote:
> >
> > > Why is a new "map:variable" needed ? As for now, map:redirect doesn't
> > > have parameters, but we could define the semantic for parameters of
> > > map:redirect as sitemap parameters that are set prior to calling the
> > > resource. This would lead to the following :
> > >   <map:redirect-to resource="HTML page">
> > >     <map:parameter name="source" value="{1}"/>
> > >     <map:parameter name="stylesheet" value="page2html.xsl"/>
> > >   </map:redirect-to>
> > >
> > > So -1 for map:variable : we should extend the use of the existing
> > > map:parameter feature to map:redirect.
> >
> > Ok, no problems with that.
> >
> > > Now could you please explain "map:call" ? Is it to replace
> > > "map:redirect-to" for resources ?
> >
> > No, well, my reasoning was that
> >
> > >   <map:redirect-to resource="HTML page">
> > >     <map:parameter name="source" value="{1}"/>
> > >     <map:parameter name="stylesheet" value="page2html.xsl"/>
> > >   </map:redirect-to>
> >
> > would, semantically, be a "call" rather than a redirection, don't you
> > think?
> >
> > So, map:redirect-to would be kept for back-compatibility but without
> > parameters, while map:call with be the new (favorite?) method for
> > calling resources by passing parameters.
>
> +1
>
> > We must provide back compatibility, but we never said that we could not
> > improve on the sitemap semantics.

OK, since the discussion petered out around here and I got the
impression that we were agreeing on this I have added

<map:call resource="">
  <map:parameter name="target" value="{1}"/>
  <map:parameter name="foo" value="bar"/>
</map:call>

to sitemap.xsl

I haven't updated the docs (actually I have but I didn't commit them)
just in case I was wrong. If I receive no objections, flames, bombs or
similar I will update the docs on monday / tuesday.

	Chris.

--
C h r i s t i a n       H a u l
haul@informatik.tu-darmstadt.de