cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Steffen Stundzig <Steffen.Stund...@smb-tec.com>
Subject Re: Personal comments on XUpdate
Date Mon, 03 Dec 2001 14:10:06 GMT
Hi Stefano,

On Fri, 30 Nov 2001 19:38:31 +0100
Stefano Mazzocchi <stefano@apache.org> wrote:

> I've just reread the XUpdate spec. Here are my quick comments:
>
> 1) no namespace support. I mean, there is no namespace concept taken
> into consideration in the spec.
>
> This would, *alone*, make it virtually useless for any serious XML
> storage.

What do you mean with 'namespace support' and 'namespace concept'?

XUpdate is namespace aware, like the XPath implementation you are using. And so there is no
need for a special 'namespace concept' inside of XUpdate.

Or I've overlooked something?

We are working with XUpdate in some projects. There we deal intensive with namespaces, without
any problems resulting from the XUpdate or lexus specification.

Regards
        Steffen...