cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Robert Koberg" <...@koberg.com>
Subject Re: Forrest (a.k.a. xml.apache.org 2.0)
Date Fri, 21 Dec 2001 16:53:24 GMT

from my past with cdrom apps, but also, I just snipped the following from
the article (http://www.alistapart.com/stories/fear4/index.html) Diana
Shannon suggested in this thread:
Points of contention
There are approximately 72 points per inch. To match this, Mac OS offers a
default resolution of 72 pixels per inch, mapping pixels to points. Of
course, once the Mac user changes her screen resolution, all bets are off.
In Windows and other PC operating systems, there are 96 pixels inch - until
the PC user changes her screen resolution, and then all bets are off.

<snip/>