cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew C. Oliver" <>
Subject serializer dependencies
Date Sun, 16 Dec 2001 19:37:10 GMT
Hi all,

Excuse me if this has been answered somewhere, kindly point me to that
place (I looked through the site and did a google-search  before

I'm a coauthor of a project seeking to add a pure-java XLS (not xsl
we're talking Excel Spreadsheets) serializer to Cocoon 2.  Considerable
work has been completed on the APIs and the serializer will be ready in
a couple of days (currently one can generate blank spreadsheets if they
wish *g*).  In attempting to write an install doc and test it I
discovered that if the support libraries aren't in the same jar file
then Cocoon throws ClassNotFoundException.  The only way I was able to
keep these separate was to put them in $TOMCAT/common/lib.

Is there a way to make cocoon look in the right place?  Is this a bug?
"functioning as intended"?  Although we can easily change our build to
make a fat jar file for the serializer, I'd rather leave it modular if

BTW, interested parties can check out our APIs at

-- - Need a java
                        developer? - port of Excel format to java
                        - fix java generics!

-Ambassador Kosh

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, email: