cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Robert Koberg" <>
Subject Re: [Vote] Improving Cocoon Site
Date Thu, 06 Dec 2001 16:02:26 GMT
> > +1 ... However, it is hard to have interactive search on a static
> > website. Again, if only Cocoon was running on the server, we
> > could use the new Cocoon-Lucene functionality.
> >
> > Sure, links to Google might help. However, Google's content
> > is at least one month out-of-date ... a bit useful, nevertheless.

wouldn't it be easier to have an interactive (not sure what that is...)
search on a static site? If you know the content you need to search then you
can prepare.

> Oh, I'd love to have Cocoon serve its own pages, believe me, but apache
> machines are simply too loaded for that (and I don't personally have the
> access level to be able to run this, nor I want that responsability on
> such an important servers since I'm no system adminitrator of any sort!)
> Maybe we could use Nagoya (Sun E4500, *big* beast!) for that and
> redirect: Sam, you have access to that machine, right?

Are you guys saying that the cocoon site site should be dynamic? Isn't that
a waste of resources for a few weekly graphs?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, email:

View raw message