cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@indexgeo.com.au>
Subject build docs fails on Windows -[Was] VOTE: Restructuring FAQ file
Date Wed, 26 Dec 2001 06:53:13 GMT
Bernhard Huber wrote:

<snip/>

> Another issue:
> I'm not able to build the box out-of the box, as the
> documentation/book.xml has
>
>   <menu label="Tests">
>     <menu-item label="Catalog Test" href="catalog-test.html"/>
>   </menu>

The purpose of this doc is to test the Entity Resolver.

> Processing catalog-test.html give me an error:
>      [java] org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: File
> "file:/D:/projects/apache-xml/ap
> ache-cvs-update/xml-cocoon2/build/cocoon/documentation/xdocs/ISOnum.pen"
> not found.

You have encountered Bug #5060 - see Bugzilla.
The entity resolver is failing for you. It is OK on Unix, but
not on Windows for build docs. There have been quite a lot
of threads on this issue - the most recent is:
 http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=100866335220243&w=2
 [BUG] DTD validation shows bugs

If anyone can help with this, then please do.

> Where are the entity files expected to reside in the
> cocoon/build/documentation hierachrachy?
> Or do you know how to resolve the problem, without
> uncomenting the <menu label="Tests">?

The entity resolver would get them for you from
build/cocoon/documentation/resources/entities/
--David