cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Per-Olof Norén <>
Subject Re: Bug reports
Date Thu, 06 Dec 2001 08:50:56 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Stefano Mazzocchi" <>
To: "Apache Cocoon" <>
Sent: Wednesday, December 05, 2001 4:09 PM
Subject: Bug reports

> I'm finally getting my hand dirty again with the CVS HEAD.
> A few things that bug me:
> 1) java.sql.SQLException: File input/output error: C:\Program
> Files\Apache Tomcat 4.0\webapps\cocoon\WEB-INF\db\cocoondb.backup
> at org.hsqldb.Trace.getError(
> at org.hsqldb.Trace.getError(
> at org.hsqldb.Trace.error(
> at org.hsqldb.Log.restoreBackup(
> at
> at org.hsqldb.Database.<init>(
> at
> at org.hsqldb.Server.main(
> at
> at
> I've never been able to make the db work. Have you ever experienced
> this?

Yes, since it became an Avalon component.
Have tried everyting i can think of, including removing the driver loading
xconf before building the webapp. No results though. Since we´ve prosponed
our release of our c2 based, I haven´´t really put that much of an effort
into it, but
if there is a simple answer, I´d like to hear it ;-)

> 9) I get a bunch of NPE out of a missing SAXConnector even if I didn't
> enable no logging or profiling. BTW, we shouldn't get NPE out of
> component managers since throwing/catching exception is an expensive
> operation for the JVM.

According to a friend of mine, doing extensive performance tests on java
trapping a nullpointer with try/catch rather than with an if-statement is
VERY bad.
His number on this was 700 times slower with try/catch

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, email:

View raw message